Get Involved | Volunteer | Teach | Exhibit | Perform | Internships
Exhibit at the MAC:
The MAC’s mission emphasizes our focus on showcasing the art made by living, working artists who reside in Central Ohio. The MAC invites submissions from individual artists, groups, and independent curators. Our exhibition scheduling takes place 2 years in advance. Submission are reviewed twice a year (January and May) by our visual arts selection committee. We feature 5 major exhibitions each year, rotating new work into the Main Gallery & Corridor Galleries every 2 months. Submissions with compelling work, a clear vision, and strong additional programming ideas have a competitive advantage.
Please complete the Visual Arts Application below and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive a response from a McConnell Arts Center staff member when your application is received.
We will begin reviewing new applications for the next exhibition cycle (2025) in early 2024.
The Visual Arts Selection Committee is comprised of curators and creative professionals. Artwork will be judged on the following criteria:
- Quality and strength of work
- Originality and innovation in themes and/or materials/mediums
- Artistic expression and creativity
- Technical proficiency in the use of the medium/media
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Multidisciplinary programmatic connections
What amenities does the MAC provide for exhibiting artists?
- A volunteer installation crew
- Various pedestals, shelves, and display cases
- A printed exhibition postcard, designed by an in-house design, sent to a MAC tailored mailing list, with extras available for artist
- Additional website and newsletter marketing
- Opportunities for a paid artist led gallery tour/talk
- Projector capabilities in the main gallery