Get Involved | Volunteer | Teach | Exhibit | Perform | Internships
McConnell Arts Center Programming Intern Job Description
The McConnell Arts Center is a multi-discipline arts center and our mission is to change lives and make memories through creative arts experiences. We offer classes in the visual arts, audio, and dance about every 8 weeks. We present numerous events per year in our Bronwynn Theater: film, dance, musical theater, plays, and live music. Our gallery spaces exhibit 6 shows annually featuring the work of local artists. We have a lot to offer an intern looking to learn about all aspects of arts administration, as well as arts education and exhibition, in a fun environment. This internship opportunity is unpaid.
We invite highly motivated, organized, proactive and energetic individual to gain experience in the following:
- Hands-on arts administration experience working with contracted artist educators artist (instructors), exhibiting artists, as well as performing artists.
- Enrollment organization and data-entry, data collection, and ticket sales.
- Assisting with our many special events in the theater, building-wide and even outside of the MAC grounds – working the box office, greeting and ushering guests, setting up refreshments, etc.
- Assisting with exhibition prep (formatting labels, artist statements, etc.) and installation (handling original artwork, hanging artwork on walls, organizing artist opening receptions & artist talks, etc.)
- Working alongside a small army of volunteers on the various tasks as per the above.
Note: This internship opportunity is unpaid.
To apply, please send a current resume and a cover letter to the following: