Get Involved | Volunteer | Teach | Exhibit | Perform | Internships
McConnell Arts Center Programming Intern Job Description
The McConnell Arts Center is a multi-discipline arts center and our mission is to change lives and make memories through creative arts experiences. We offer more than 60 classes in the visual arts, music, film, and dance every 8 weeks. We present over 250 events per year in our Bronwynn Theater: film, dance, musical theater, plays, live music, and comedy. Our gallery spaces exhibit 6 shows annually featuring the work of at least 8 local artist solo and/or group shows, the Governor’s Choice Art Awards and our new annual MAC Faculty & Student shows. We have a lot to offer an intern looking to learn about all aspects of arts administration, as well as arts education and exhibition, in a fun, non-credited environment. This internship opportunity is unpaid.
We are looking for a highly motivated, organized, proactive and energetic individual to assist the programming director with many of the following responsibilities:
- Hands-on arts administration experience working with part-time artist faculty members (instructors), exhibiting artists, as well as performing artists.
- Enrollment organization and data-entry, ticket sales and final performance numbers, instructor and performing artist contracts, exhibit agreements, etc.
- Social media strategy, maintenance and organization, as well as implementation – uploading photos, writing descriptions of various events, classes and performances.
- Assisting with our many special events in the theater, building wide and even outside of the MAC grounds – working the box office, greeting and ushering guests, setting up refreshments, etc.
- Assisting with exhibition prep (formatting labels, artist statements, etc.) and installation (handling original artwork, hanging artwork on walls, organizing artist opening receptions & artist talks, etc.)
- Working alongside a small army of volunteers on the various tasks as per the above.
To apply, please send a current resume and a cover letter to the following:
Director of Programming & Outreach
(614) 431-0329 ext. 300